Economics applied to civil litigation requires the integration of economic, accounting, financial and statistical knowledge.
Officina Economica, also thanks to the consulting experience gained working with Prof. Prosperetti, is able to address the issues of each case according to a variety of perspectives and methods.
Officina Economica has specific experience in:
• Antitrust litigation and damage claim, cwith particular reference to damage quantification (TIM, Exxonmobil, Sky Italia, Enel, Nexive, Nidec, Lastminute Group);
• Civil litigation and arbitration in contractual disputes (Del Monte Fresh Fruits, Vivendi, Armani, Nike, Sky Italia, Gruppo RCS, GDF Suez Energia Italia S.p.A., Eni, Siram, LF Corporation) and non-contractual disputes (Fondazione Monte dei Paschi di Siena, Amissima Assicurazioni, Fiorentina A.C.);
• Intellectual property and unfair competition litigation and disputes, particularly in the pharmaceutical (Merck, GlaxoSmithKline), media (Google, Dailymotion, Cloudflare), IT (Samsung) and fashion (Gucci, Cerruti) and damages caused by comparative or misleading advertising (Heinz, Procter & Gamble, Fater S.p.A.);
• Litigation on bankruptcy revocation (Crédit Lyonnais; Deutsche Bank, Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena) and damages for arisen insolvency (Fiorentina A.C.);
• Provisional measures, with particular reference to the economic aspects related to irreparable damage (Sky Italia, SNAM Rete Gas, Vivendi).
The Studio also provides advice on ancillary or complementary aspects of civil litigation, such as: economic assessments of risk or benefit, preparatory to dispute/litigation; analysis and opinions on the suitability of provisions carried out in financial statements pursuant to IAS 37; analysis and structuring of economic aspects of settlements, and independent opinions on fairness of settlement agreements.